Features of an Industrial HVAC System
Some features that may be found in an industrial HVAC system include:
- Heating systems such as electric heat, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps
- Ventilation and dust collection
- AC units including rooftop units, direct expansion units, chillers and heat pumps
- Automation systems
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems play an essential role in industrial operations. They condition the air for worker comfort and to safeguard mechanical and electronic equipment. The ventilation system is vital for filtering out dust, dirt, chemical and other contaminants from the air. Dust collection systems are frequently integrated into the overall HVAC system to improve and maintain air quality. By separating the air filtering, it allows the HVAC system to work more efficiently.
Ductwork is a critical component in any industrial HVAC system. Materials can include galvanized, stainless or rolled steel. The design, fabrication, operation and maintenance must consistently and reliably meet the regulations for air quality standards, as well as building codes. It also plays a role in maintaining a safe workplace. That’s why it is critical for you to choose from knowledgeable, experienced local HVAC contractors.
Sensors, thermostats and automation systems provide energy efficiency. Requirements for heating, cooling and ventilating an empty building can vary significantly from times when the facility is fully staffed and operating normally. Sensors can monitor air quality, temperature and occupancy, as well as air pressure to optimize system operations and notify maintenance when there is a problem.
Benefits of Using Experienced Local HVAC Contractors
The cost of using inexperienced installers can be significant. Poorly designed, fabricated or installed HVAC systems can use more energy, reduce productivity and result in low air quality. Substandard air quality can not only impact employee health that results in more frequent absenteeism, but if left unchecked, it could endanger lives and put your business at risk.
Advantages of using an industry-leading provider for sheet metal fabrication, installation, service and preventative maintenance needs include:
- Cost savings
- Improved air quality
- Superior energy efficiency
- Optimized design for your facility
- Certified, licensed professionals
- Adherence to regulatory requirements, building codes and industry standards
What to Look for in an HVAC Contractor
Commercial and manufacturing environments have very different needs for their HVAC systems than residential uses. Industrial HVAC systems can be very complex, depending upon the functions and the size of the facility. When your business is at stake, you can’t afford to take the lowest bid. You need to carefully vet your contractor and ensure that you get the expertise required for quality materials, installation and maintenance.
Lee Industrial Contracting is a 100% employee-owned company, meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations with turn-key solutions for over 30 years. Our capabilities include:
- Installation of standby generators, including backup lighting panels, UPS systems and whole service backup power
- 24/7 emergency generator services available365 days a year
- Design and installation of primary power by certified electricians
- 24/7 emergency repair to minimize your downtime 365 days per year
- Specialists in control wiring, from wiring upgrades to complete machine rewire
- Comprehensive industrial installation, including electrical design, motor controls and transformers
- Monitoring of power quality, including monitoring equipment to help determine and repair power quality issues
- Infrared imaging to determine predictive maintenance
- Complete lighting installation for commercial and industrial applications
Receive your free quote today or call us today at (888) 833-8776 to learn how we can complete your next industrial project.