2017 was another successful year here at Lee Contracting. We accomplished so much and are so thankful to our employees, customers, and vendors who help us remain a leading industrial turn-key solutions provider.
Let’s look back at some of the events over the last year that helped us to get where we are today:
- The year started off with a new contract between Lee Contracting and the Pontiac School District. We added 6 employees who oversee the preventative maintenance for the HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems for 11 district buildings.
- In March, there was a windstorm that knocked out power to several customers and local businesses. Lee Contracting helped them stay online through the use of our emergency power generators. Without these generators, many of these businesses would have lost money waiting for the power to be turned back on at their facility.
- Lee Contracting joined the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association in April. We are now part of an association of more than 1,300 members from 46 nations who “specialize in transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting and crane, and rigging operations.”
- Lee Contracting celebrated Take Your Child to Work day at the end of April. We had over 20 kids attend and learn about the many different aspects of the industrial field. The kids were treated to a day full of fun activities and learning.
- July brought with it a chance to partner with the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy. Many of our customers call the city of Detroit home. We were excited to be able to participate in Shimmer on the River which helps to ensure the Detroit Riverfront “remains clean, safe and beautiful for everyone.”
- In August, Lee Contracting was recognized by Inc. 5000 magazine as one of the fastest growing privately owned companies in America. This was our second straight year on the list. This year we moved up the list to #2925.
- We also lunched our internal leadership program in August. This program has helped to foster a team environment and increase employee engagement.
- Lee hosted our 2nd Annual Golf Outing which helped to raise over $10,000 dollars for Detroit’s Focus:HOPE. Our donation supported their skilled training program.
- In November, Lee Contracting attended FABTECH in Chicago, IL. The show allowed us to meet and network with industry leaders from across the country.
2017 was a busy and successful year for Lee Contracting. We look forward to see what 2018 has in store for us.