2018 was another successful year at Lee Contracting. We accomplished so much and are thankful to our employees, customers and vendors who help us remain a leading industrial turn-key solutions provider.
Let’s look back at some of the notable events over the last year:
- In March, Lee Contracting’s recruiting department held two presentations to skilled trades students. These students were in a variety of skilled trade programs including, Electrical, Machining, Mechatronics and Carpentry. Each presentation had about 50 students attend and covered everything from opportunities to potential pay, industry outlook, growth, development, and retirement outlook.
- In April, Lee Contracting was named a GM Supplier of the Year by General Motors during its 26th annual Supplier of the Year award ceremony. GM’s Supplier of the Year award is reserved for suppliers who distinguish themselves by meeting performance metrics for quality, executions, innovation and total enterprise cost.
- Our recruiting department attended a skilled trades focused job fair at Oakland Community College in April. We met with students and parents about the many opportunities within the skilled trades industry.
- Lee Contracting celebrated Take Your Child to Work day at the end of April. Over 20 kids attended and learned about the many aspects of the industrial field. The kids were treated to a day full of fun activities and learning.
- Lee Contracting teamed up with Relay for Life to join in the fight against cancer in June. Relay for Life is the ultimate team fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. It provides an opportunity to bring communities together to fight cancer, to remember lost loved ones, honor survivors of all cancers and to have our employees team up for a worthy cause. During the 24-hour relay, Lee Contracting’s employees volunteered, walked and fundraised for the American Cancer Society. Lee Contracting employees raised $1,295 which was matched by Lee Contracting. With additional money made at the Lee table, the total amount donated for the Lee Team was $2,760.00! The event raised a total of $138,232.00 towards fighting cancer.
- Also in June, Lee Contracting attended Amerimold in Novi, MI. Show exhibitors included equipment suppliers, service providers and tool/mold makers.
- Lee hosted our 3rd Annual Golf Outing which helped to raise over $14,000 dollars for The Fallen and Wounded Soldiers Fund.
- In September, Lee Contracting attended IMTS in Chicago, IL for the first time. We exhibited with over 2,400 other exhibitors and connected with many customers and leaders from the country.
- In May and October, we held blood drives for the American Red Cross. Thanks to our staff, 111 patients in area hospitals will have the chance to regain their health.
- In November, Lee Contracting attended FABTECH in Atlanta, GA. The show allowed us to meet and network with industry leaders from across the country.
- Lee Contracting hosted our annual ESOP event at the beginning of November. All our employees, over 400, attended a meeting at our headquarters for an informative meeting about our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Our recruiting department attended a collaborated event with General Motors in November. The event was designed to give students and parents more of an intimate, one-on-one setting to learn about employment opportunities within the city of Pontiac.
- In November, 67 Lee Contracting employees & their families volunteered with Other’s First and distributed food for 1,500 turkey dinners in only 5 hours. Pontiac’s Mayor Waterman joined us to help distribute the meals and meet many citizens of the city.
- In December, we sponsored the annual Holiday Extravaganza Parade in Pontiac. Holiday Extravaganza’s mission is to bring together Oakland County’s cities and townships to share together in celebration of the holiday season in the heart of Oakland County.
2018 proved to be a successful year for Lee Contracting. We look forward to 2019 and celebrating our 30th year in business.