Any individual who is in the construction industry knows that contractors are in dire need of field staff. The need for trades workers doesn’t seem to be slowing down. Per the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, employment of electricians is projected to grow 9 percent from 2016 to 2026. Increases in construction spending and growing demand for alternative energy sources continues to drive demand for electricians. Many people choose to become an electrician because of the training, the pay and the benefits. In Michigan, the mean annual wage for electricians in 2017 was $54,110. Of course, this number increases with specialized training and years of service. After beginning your career as an electrician, promotions can include electrical engineer, cost estimator, electrical design engineer and master electrician. Master electricians can make $100,000 or more per year.
At Lee Industrial Contracting, we have a growing electrical department complete with master electricians who can provide services ranging from routine plant maintenance all the way up to major electrical renovations. Our industry-leading modern equipment keeps our employees on the job instead of in the repair shop. Our key advantage is keeping a large electrical supply in-house for a quicker job turnaround and emergency service response.
Our highly-skilled staff of electricians are trained in:
- Installation of standby generators: backup lighting panels, UPS systems and whole service backup power
- Emergency generator services: 24/7, 365 days a year
- Design and installation of primary power
- 24/7, 365 days a year emergency repair to get your shop back up and running, minimizing your downtime
- Control wiring specialist: from wiring upgrades to complete machine rewire
- Complete industrial installation: electrical design, motor controls and transformers
- Power quality monitoring: monitoring equipment to help determine and repair power quality issues
- Infrared imaging: determine predictive maintenance
- Complete commercial and industrial lighting installation
As an electrician at Lee Contracting you can expect health benefits, competitive wages, paid vacation, company paid uniforms and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Our company provides room for growth and advancement within the company. If you like to travel, we have opportunities that will allow you to travel with port to port pay but if you like to work locally, you’ll be with your family every night.
You can learn more about our electrical department by visiting our website.
Check out our careers page and apply today to join our growing electrical department.
Call us today to request a free quote on your next industrial electrical project, (888) 833-8776.